Flybondi B738 enroute on Nov 17th 2018, loss of cabin pressure
Last Update: July 18, 2023 / 20:10:19 GMT/Zulu time
Agentina's JIAAC dispatched investigators on site.
On Nov 21st 2018 the JIAAC reported the aircraft performed an emergency descent from FL360 to FL100 due to the loss of cabin pressure, the passenger oxygen masks deployed automatically.
On Jul 18th 2023 the JIAAC released their final report in Spanish only (Editorial note: to serve the purpose of global prevention of the repeat of causes leading to an occurrence an additional timely release of all occurrence reports in the only world spanning aviation language English would be necessary, a Spanish only or no release does not achieve this purpose as set by ICAO annex 13 and just forces many aviators to waste much more time and effort each in trying to understand the circumstances leading to the occurrence. Aviators operating internationally are required to read/speak English besides their local language, investigators need to be able to read/write/speak English to communicate with their counterparts all around the globe).
The report concludes the probable causes of the serious incident were:
- The non-normal checklists were available only in Turkish, German and English and thus did not comply with the laws of Argentina
- the graphics in the Dispatch Manual used to determine the CG of the aircraft was erroneous
- The identification of memory items in the abnormal procedure lists in the Flybondi's Standard Operating Manuals is erroneous
- Flybondi's MOE chapter 8 (Simulator Profile and Maneouvers) is erroneous.
- Flybondi's MOE chapter 3 states that the number of required simulator sessions for a pilot can be reduced to 8 if the pilot had performed 8 sessions on a flight training device before. However, the programme does not state what those 8 simulator sessions should consist of.
- The simulator instructions prepared by the vendor CAE were not reflected in Flybondi's MOE although the MOE prepared by CAE had been approved by the Civil Aviation Authority ANAC
- the emergency procedures practized during initial simulator sessions do not include depressurization or emergency descent
- The training center did not receive any audits or inspections by Flybondi since commencent of service
- Since commencement of service CAE did not receive any audits or inspections by Flybondi
This article is published under license from Avherald.com. © of text by Avherald.com.
Read unlimited articles and receive our daily update briefing. Gain better insights into what is happening in commercial aviation safety.
Support AeroInside by sending a small tip amount.
A Flybondi Boeing 737-800, registration LV-KAH performing flight FO-5120 from Buenos Aires Aeroparque,BA to Posadas,MI (Argentina) with 187…
A Flybondi Boeing 737-800, registration LV-KHO performing flight FO-5238 from Buenos Aires Aeroparque,BA to Bariloche,RN (Argentina), was climbing…
A Flybondi Boeing 737-800, registration LV-HKN performing flight FO-5121 from Posadas,MI to Buenos Aires Newbery,BA (Argentina), was climbing out of…
A Flybondi Boeing 737-800, registration LV-HQY performing flight FO-5111 from Iguazu,MI to (Argentina), departed Iguazu's Catarates Airport's runway…
A Flybondi Boeing 737-800, registration LV-HQY performing flight FO-5270 from Buenos Aires Palomar,BA to Bariloche,RN (Argentina) with 169 people on…
A Cargojet Airways Boeing 767-300 freighter, registration C-FDIJ performing flight W8-740 from Iqaluit,NU to Ottawa,ON (Canada) with 2 crew, was…
A KLM Boeing 787-10, registration PH-BKA performing flight KL-741 from Amsterdam (Netherlands) to Bogota (Colombia), was enroute at FL320 about 160nm…
Are you researching aviation incidents? Get access to AeroInside Insights, unlimited read access and receive the daily newsletter.Pick your plan and subscribe
A new way to document and demonstrate airworthiness compliance and aircraft value. Find out more.
ELITE Simulation Solutions is a leading global provider of Flight Simulation Training Devices, IFR training software as well as flight controls and related services. Find out more.
Your regulation partner, specialists in aviation safety and compliance; providing training, auditing, and consultancy services. Find out more.
Popular aircraftAirbus A320
Boeing 737-800 MAX
Popular airlinesAmerican Airlines